В первый день последней четверти нам очень хочется порадовать ребят смешными и несложными шутками на английском языке.
Наташа и Елена, наши ведущие рубрики Natasha Talks, не только подобрали для вас и ваших ребят самые смешные и понятные шутки на английском языке, но и рассказали несколько версий происхождения этого замечательного праздника – “April Fools’ Day”.
Как всегда, сразу после видео, вы сможете прочитать его текст, а еще ниже мы вам дадим ссылки на скачивание шуток из книжки Horrid Henry’s joke book с переводом.
Natasha Talks: April Fools’ Day.
Natasha Talks: April Fools’ Day (текст).
– Today we will be talking to you about the history of England. I hope
you have 2 to 3 days up to spare to watch these videos… Did you
believe me?.. April fools!
I am prepared, as you can tell, to tell you history of April fools day.
And then I will tell you some jokes.
Although today what is called April Fools’ Day, has been celebrated for
several centuries by different cultures, its exact origins has been a
Some see it as a celebration related to the turn of the seasons, while
others believe it started from the adoption of a new calendar.
There is a saying about the weather that March comes in like a lion,
and goes out like a lamb.
Or the other way around.
The month of March usually starts with cold, unpleasant weather, but
ends as mild and pleasant.
And if it starts with warm weather then it will turn cold and icy at the
So people started to celebrate the 1st of April as a Day when Mother
Nature fools people with changing, unpredictable weather.
Another theory is in 16th century Europe used to celebrate New Year in
or around 1st April.
After the Pope ordered to start using the Julian Calendar instead of the
Gregorian Calendar New Year has to be celebrated on the 1st of January.
But many people either refused to accept the new date, or did not learn
about it, and continued to celebrate New Year’s Day on the 1st of April.
Other people began to make fun of these traditionalists, calling them
Now the custom of setting aside a day for the playing of harmless jokes
upon friends and other people is recognized everywhere.
Nowadays people say ‘April fools’ after they have done a joke on their
And now I will tell you some jokes from Horrid Henry’s joke book. Horrid
Henry is cartoon character from a children’s TV program. It says
‘Warning! Too rude for parents!’
Let’s see if it is too rude.
– Henry, we are having Aunt Ruby for lunch this Sunday.
– Can’t we have roast beef instead?
– Well, Henry, I’m leaving tomorrow. Are you sorry?
– Oh yes, Aunt Ruby, I thought you were leaving today!
– I wish we lived in the olden times.
– We wouldn’t have so much history to learn.
– Наташа, поясни, что это Henry в школе!
– This is Henry speaking to his teacher at school.
– Henry, what goes up and down but does not move?
– The stairs.
– What did one wall say to the other wall?
– I’ll meet you at the corner.
– Henry, what gets wetter the more it dries?
– A towel.
– Henry, which hand is it better to write with?
– Neither, it’s best to write with a pen!
– Why do you go to bed every night?
– Because the bed won’t come to you!
– Henry, what did one eye say to the other eye?
– Don’t look now, but something between us smells.
– What do you call a sheep with no legs?
– A cloud.
– Why was everyone so tired on April 1st?
– They had just finished a March of 31 days.
– Well, that is it for now. I hope you enjoyed this video. And don’t
forget to practice before April Fools to do to your friends. Well, good bye!
– Наташа, смотри, spider! Паук! April fool!..
– Mommy… Well… Bye-bye!
Наташа и Елена рассказывали о себе более подробно здесь: Natasha Talks: Introduction.